Sucrosomial® technology overview
Sucrosomial® minerals are a group of highly absorbable minerals with a lower likelihood of side effects and greater biological availability. It uses the technological innovation of a liposomal-like structure made of phospholipids and sucrose esters from fatty acid, called Sucrosome®.
Sucresters are obtained by fatty acid esterification of fatty acid methyl esters with sucrose and are also referred to as sucrose esters of fatty acids.
The sucrester moiety plays a primary role in protecting the sucrosome® from breaking down and helps to increase the absorption and bioavailability of the mineral element. The esterified fatty acids are essentially emulsifiers used to obtain a better stabilization between the water (aqueous phase) and oil (fatty phase) phases, which is essential for improving absorption via a transcellular and paracellular pathway. Tricalcium phosphate is also used to make the sucrosome® by supporting the molecular bonds that form.
The sucrosome® is similar in structure and properties to cell membranes, which allows for ease of transport into biological membranes.
Figure 1. Sucrosome® structure
Absorption and mechanism of action
Nutrients conveyed in Sucrosomial® membranes are very similar to chylomicrons, which are lipid micelles found in the blood and lymphatic fluid, where they transport fat from its port of entry in the intestine to the liver. It is thought that sucrosomes® are absorbed through M cells (microfold cells) that are present throughout the intestine and may be carried intact by macrophages through the lymphatic circulation directly into the liver, where they are broken
down into their smaller subparts by enzymatic actions, releasing the mineral.
Advantages compared with other mineral forms
- It is thought that associating a nutrient with a liposomal-like structure markedly changes its pharmacokinetics (absorption and metabolism within the body) and lowers systemic toxicity.
- The absorbed target molecule is prevented from remature degradation and/or inactivation after introduction to the target organism.
- Sucrosome® association greatly improves palatability by helping to mask the metallic taste characteristic of nutrients like minerals.
- Sucrosomial® technology ensures better tolerability by sequestering nutrients like minerals inside sucrosomes® so that the mucous membranes in the mouth are never exposed directly to them.
- Sucrosomial® nutrients have maximum absorption and bioavailability, allowing a fast and efficient uptake into the bloodstream.
Magnesium (Mg) plays an essential role in a large number of important cellular reactions, and it’s essential in many metabolic processes (biosynthesis of lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids). Up to 60% of magnesium in the adult body is found in the bones. It is important for the activities of nerves and muscles, allowing the
transmission of nerve impulses, and is essential for mineralization and skeletal development. Magnesium also helps with reduction of tiredness and fatigue. The use of conventional magnesium supplements is associated with gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, and laxative effect. Other components of the diet (phytates, calcium, phosphorus, and long-chain fatty acids) interfere with magnesium absorption.
Sucrosomial® Zinc is an innovative form of zinc containing a high concentration of zinc oxide in a special sucrosomial® form for maximum bioavailability. The use of conventional zinc is associated with a low absorption and poor palatability. The absorption of zinc is less than optimal for the zinc oxide form because it is an insoluble form of zinc with a low bioavailability. Sucrosomial® Zinc is 80% more bioavailable compared with zinc gluconate 8 hours after administration and shows a renal excretion similar to zinc gluconate, demonstrating a higher bioavailability. Sucrosomial® technology enables this form of zinc to have a faster and higher bioavailability compared with zinc gluconate. Sucrosomial® Zinc contains 42% elemental zinc and has excellent palatability and tolerability, without interference
of absorption from other minerals, unlike conventional nonchelated
forms of zinc.
Zinc is recommended for its essential role in cognitive function, maintenance of vision, maintenance of normal hair, and immune system function, and is an essential component of many enzymes involved in the metabolism of proteins and nucleic acids as zinc proteins.
- Firoz, D, Graber, M. Bioavailability of US commercial magnesium preparations. Magnesium Research. 2001; 14: 257–62.
- Kiss, L., Hellinger, E., Pilbat, A-M., et al. Sucrose esters increase drug penetration, but do no inhibit p-glycoprotein in caco-2 intestinal epithelial cells. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 103 (10):3107-3119.
- Kiss L, Szuts A., et al. The potential of sucrose esters to be used as oral absorption enhancers. Sci Pharm. 2010; 78:716.
- Li W., Das S., Ng KY., and Heng PW. Formulation, biological and pharmacokinetic studies of sucrose ester-stabilied nanosuspensions of oleanolic acid. Pharm Res. 2011; 28 (8): 2020-33.
- Mary, P. Therapeutic Uses of magnesium. Am Fam Physician. 2009; 80 (2): 157–162.
- Rude RK. Magnesium. In: AC Ross, B Caballero, RJ Cousins, KL Tucker, TR Ziegler 11th ed., ed. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012: 159–75.
- Walker, BE, Kellehe,r J. Plasma whole blood and urine zinc in the Aassesment of zinc deficiency in the rat. Journal of Nutrition. 1978; 108 (10): 1702-7.
- Wilkins, PJ, Grey, PC, Dreosti, IE. Plasma zinc as an indicator of zinc status in rats. Journal of Nutrition. 1972; 27 (1): 113-20.
- Williams, RB, Mills, CF. The experimental production of zinc deficiency in the rat. Br J Nutr. 1970; 24 (4), 989-1003.
- Yamamoto, A., Katsumi, H., Kusamori, K. And Sakane, T. Improvement of intestinal absorption of poorly absorbabel drugs by various sugar esters. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2014; 134 (1): 47-53.
¿Necesitas más información?
Contáctanos directamente a través de correo a firstname.lastname@example.org. También puedes comunicarte con nosotros a través de redes sociales y al número +56944988857
Neuron® es distribuidor autorizado de tecnología sucrosomial®
Sucrosomial® is a registered trademark of Alesco S.R.L.
Sucrosomial® es una marca patentada de Alesco S.R.L